These are the answers from the Return of the Super-Challenge Song Lyric Meme, along with videos and/or other details where applicable. (All comments in the original post have been unscreened.) Feel free to check out the rest of the songs that you didn't know – you might find something that you like (or that you'd forgotten). And, as a side note, I think this one was way too easy. Sixteen out of twenty correctly identified in no time at all, on a day when many people couldn't even get onto LJ (or Facebook, Twitter, GMail, or whatever).
- Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler.
- Over mother Russia there are moans and cries, the convicted ones are marching to the never lands to die. – NOBODY
- I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose, drinking fresh mango juice.
The theme song to Red Dwarf, composed by Howard Goodall and sung (usually) by Jenna Russell. This one was pretty easy for my friends list, but I didn't want to cheat by using any of the extra lyrics written by Ian Hu for the Extended Mix of the theme song.
- Being chosen as this month's Miss August is like a compliment I'll remember for as long as I can.
'Cause I'm a Blonde by Julie Brown, from the movie Earth Girls are Easy.
- My heart's as full as a baked potato.
- I had to put her six feet under, and I can still hear her complain.
Used to Love Her by Guns 'n Roses. (The YouTube link is to an Evangelion AMV, since the videos of GnR playing the song live sucked.)
- I filled that kitty cat so full of lead, we'll have to use him for a pencil instead.
- I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers.
- What used to take two hours now takes all day. It took me sixteen hours to get to L.A.!
I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar.
- Honto ni anta tte, mattaku anta tte, tonikaku anta tte baka ne, baka baka…
- So you're blue but I can't take a chance on a chick like you.
Does Your Mother Know by ABBA. (For Mamma Mia! they replaced "chick" with "kid" and altered several other lines to make the song about a boy rather than a girl.)
- The reason I breathe is you. – NOBODY
Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. Dweezil & Ahmet Zappa do a pretty awesome cover of this song (Utena AMV), which is the only version I have. The reason I provided such a short snippet of lyrics was that I was afraid this one would be too easy – You'll notice that I usually try to provide longer samples of the more obscure (or non-English) entries.
- Kidney of a horse, liver of a cat, filling up the sausages with this and that.
- Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium, wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
- She's small, and she's odd, like a lepton or quark.
- Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet. Fall not in love, therefore; it will stick to your face.
- What makes a man? Is it the woman in his arms? Just 'cause she has big titties?
- I was born on the other side, just always looking in; I made it over the great divide, now I'm coming for you.
Tear Me Down by Meatloaf. The lyrics have been modified from Steven Trask's original version in Hedwig and the Angry Inch (which I also have); however, you only needed the title for full credit, so this wasn't a trick question.
- Later on, if you wanna, we can dress like Madonna.
- That morning sunshine's like a knife in my eye. My shirt's on backwards and I wish I knew why.